Support groups & organisations
If you feel that you have a problem controlling your gambling activity, we recommend that you contact one of the following professional organisations for help and guidance:
- Gamble Aware (UK-only) - provides information on how to gamble responsibly and offers advice on dealing with problem gambling. To learn more, visit www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- GamCare (UK-only) - GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted on 0845 6000 133 (local rate from UK) or by visiting www.gamcare.org.uk.
- Gamblers Anonymous (worldwide) - Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to share their experiences, try and solve their common problems and thereby help others to recover from gambling problems. Gamblers Anonymous can be contacted on 020 7384 3040 (UK only) or by visiting www.gamblersanonymous.org.
- Gambling Therapy (worldwide) - Gambling Therapy is a global service offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling. To learn more, visit www.gamblingtherapy.org.
- GamesAid (worldwide) - GamesAid is a service that aims to provide an online safety net to online gamblers wherever they are located. Learn more at GamesAid.org.
- GamBlock (worldwide) - GamBlock is website blocking software that can help manage access to gambling websites. Learn more at www.gamblock.com.